|Date Posted||Sep 25, 2012|
As a top global brand and world leader in lipsticks, fragrances and anti-aging skin care, Avon continues to revolutionize the beauty industry by launching innovative, first-to-market products using Avon-patented technology.
Avon's product line includes beauty products, fashion jewellery and apparel, and features such well-recognized brand names as Avon Color, Anew, Skin-So-Soft, Advance Techniques, Footworks, Avon Naturals, and Mark.
At avon, we believe in the importance of our people. We see employees as key contributors to the growth and success of our company. To support this philosophy and in continuing to foster an environment where individuals can grow and develop, we are pleased looking for a trend/demand analyst in our marketing department.
• Provides sales trending support and analysis in order to maximize trend accuracy at all levels.
•Maintains trend biasing systems (automatic systems and trend history).
• Develops trend biases for Selling Trend and Billing Trend.
• Performs trend analysis at the national and product category levels.
• Interprets and communicates information to all levels of management on a daily basis
• Acts as Canadian resource and contact for U.S. - support trending systems. Involves occasional quality-acceptance testing
• Forecasts sales based on trends and trend lines.
• Build partnerships with other functional areas to collaboratively improve efficiencies.
• Manage and direct the Trending process to ensure timely delivery of forecasts.
• Bachelor of Commerce, preferably in Marketing/Finance.
•At least 3 years of experience preferred in a similar position within retail/comsumer products industry.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills in order to identify correct trend adjustments.
• At ease working with large databases. Knowledge of software packages (Word, Excel, Access, etc).
• Good statistical background is a definite asset.
• Strategic and forward thinker with the ability to foresee impact of various strategies on sales and systems across the whole organization.
• Bilingual with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to synthesize information from various sources to incorporate in to analysis and communications for all levels of management.
• Autonomous and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-profile environment.
• Good organizational skills are a must.